Search This Blog

Monday, 15 December 2014

Haenow! Ben Is The X Factor Winner

"Oh my god! No!" he exclaimed.
"I can't believe it, I can't believe it – thank
you so much for making my dreams come
true"
mentored both finalists, began by
comforting his other contender and said:
"First of all a fantastic runner up... Fleur.
"And you know what I cannot be happier
for you Ben, you're a fantastic guy and this
is your moment. I'm so proud of you."
Fleur then said: "I'm so grateful and I love
Ben so much I'm so happy for him, I can't
believe this."
As Dermot showed a still gobsmacked Ben
the CD case for his winner's single, he
was only capable of an astonished cackle
before admitting: "I'm lost for words."
The night had begun with both finalists
rejoined by the other contestants from the
live shows for a group rendition of
Flashdance... What A Feeling - which was
followed by Olly Murs and Demi Lovato
performing their new duet Up .

Ben's first solo effort was to revive his
semi-acapella version of Michael
Jackson 's classic Man In The Mirror –
while the wall behind him was projected
with a series of inspirational words.
Louis Walsh told him: "Sometimes good
things happen to good people, and I know
you're a really good person - so everybody
at home - you need to vote for Ben!"
Mel B - happily back after her illness -
commented: "I started off not too sure of
you, but you grew on me week by week
and became the superstar that you were
today."
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini added: "I
wouldn't change a thing about you now."
And SiCo sounded like he was Ben's boss
giving a leaving speech: "I could not be
happier for you I could not be more proud
of you. You deserve to be here and it has
been such a pleasure working with you."

Fleur reprised her standout performance
from last weekend, when she brought
Mark Ronson 's Uptown Funk to the
attention of the general public.
On the same night that Ronson's version
of the track landed at the top of the Official
UK Singles Chart , Fleur's new rendition
saw her sitting atop a giant throne on the
stage - in between some fierce dance
routines in her gold lamé basketball
singlet.
Louis told her: "It doesn't get any better
than that performance... a star is born."
Mel said: "What can I say? You just came
out here and killed it tonight. Killed it.
"I could hear that your voice was a little bit
tired but you just came out here and gave
us that Fleur performance that was all
love."
Chezza was equally enthusiastic: "It's like
your whole 10 years of passion are
exploding on that stage tonight and I wish
you the best of luck."
And Simon raved: "Oh. My. God... You
know what, of all the finalists I've ever had
in any of these shows, that was the
greatest performance I have ever
witnessed.
"I'm torn because I'd actually like to split
the prize and give both of you the award
for winning The X Factor."

One Direction – complete with poorly
Louis Tomlinson – performed their rock-
influenced new track Where Do Broken
Hearts Go – being joined on stage by
Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood .
The finalists then performed the winner's
single, OneRepublic 's anthemic Something
I Need , with Ben going first.
Louis said: "That sounds to me like a
massive hit record worldwide."
And Mel agreed, adding: "I do truly think
that song was made for you. You gave me
something I've been waiting to hear from
you for a long time... you pulled it back,
and then you put it out there. You gave me
range to your vocals and light and shade."
Cheryl looked emotional as she told him:
"Whatever happens tonight you chased
your dream."
Which set him off sobbing and prompted
SiCo to tell him: "You know what Ben?
This is what you've waited for for 12
years. This is what turning into a star
feels like."
After Fleur had done her version - with a
few more jazzy flourishes - Louis
commented: "You look like you're an
established worldwide artist."
Mel said: "I have to commend you
because you can really see that you
wanted this so badly from the very, very
beginning.
"No matter what happens tonight both of
you are stars and both of you are
superstars."
Simon then concluded: "I didn't get you
when I first saw you and you have
transformed into such a great artist. This
is probably the best and closest final I've
ever judged and you just sang your heart
out on that Fleur."
And it's hard to disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment